Research, Statistics and Information Management
February 15, 2017 10:57 am
This Directorate conducts and commissions research, compiles and analyses data for the Ministry in particular and government as a whole. It serves as a stock for compiling all information pertaining to the Ministry in line with its activities and programmes, thereby maintaining a data bank for effective and efficient decision-making.
This Directorate also projects the good image of the Sector both within and outside the country by disseminating information on the Ministry policies, activities and procedures as well as providing a mechanism for receiving feedback on Government’s policies and activities.
The directorate is composed of the following units:
Research and Statistics Unit:
- It Conducts research into the activities of the Ministry. It also ensures that requisite data is available for decision-making.
Library and Documentation Unit:
- The unit is responsible for the Library and collating required data to create a database for the Ministry Information Technology/ Information Management Unit:
- It Initiates and maintains information technology network and infrastructure for the Ministry. It also develops supports and integrates new technologies into the operations of the Ministry
- Coordinates the organisation of sensitisation and education of the public (by the various departments) on international protocols and conventions which guide the ministries work
- Assists / Support the various depaetment in their reporting on the status of implementation of various international protocols and conventions